Versions with a mark are legal for current play.
Versions with a mark have been retired, and are illegal for current play.
All printed sheets should have the icon for the current version, or a version that has not been retired.
- Metaverse 2 moves to open beta!
- Metaverse 2.1 released, allows for sharing of content.
- Deploy testing on the live server
- So many changes I can't even begin to say.
- Development of new framework, new template, all new PDF and render and calculation code.
- Ships can be based on 4 directions like always or 6.
- Ships can have an inboard and outboard section in each direction instead of just one.
- Primary reactor can be moved around the ship (except to sections that are mirrored)
- Allowing more hull layers, but now allowing more hull layers than the amount of hull per layer.
- Multi-ammunition ship weapons.
- Ships, weapons, fighters, etc are now grouped into "Navies" similar to other Battlespace Publishing games.
- Fleets now allow the creation of a command structure which is printed with the PDF.
- Support and Reinforcement options for fleets.
- Redesign of fighter weapons to be more similar to starship weapons.
- New component category "Active Defences" holds new components and shield generators and deflectors, etc.
- Allowing up to 99 armour and 255 ablative plates, cost continues to scale exponentially.
- Weapon attribute "indirect" converted to a type beside "energy" and "kinetic".
- Many components now have more directional options. Previously omnidirectional components can now have limited facings, and previously one-directional components can now face more or all directions.
- Thrusters removed, existing thrusters converted to engines which now do that job.
- New local sensors that only apply to weapons in the same section.
- New fire control, allows tieing all sensors together into a super sensor.
- Added tactics. Special abilities all ships in a navy may trigger for a cost.
- Version 1.0.5 is released, continue to use version 1.0.2 of the printed rules. All previous printed sheets are now illegal.
- Increased cost of ships so small that their reactor is bigger than their hull size.
- Rebalanced cost of all fighters, abnormally powerful fighters now have costs more in line with their offensive abilities. All fighters will have changed cost.
- Corrected a bug that would show incorrect costs on classes/ships in fleets preloaded with fighters.
- Corrected a bug that would display garbage text instead of the multiplication symbol on critical sheets.
- Version 1.0.4 is released, continue to use version 1.0.2 of the printed rules.
- Corrected a bug that would not load fighters in launchbays in alphabetical order.
- Added buttons to weapon editor to quickly select common arcs.
- Added a summary bar to the top of every starship page that shows it's total hull and shield points, and maximum thruster and engine points in each direction.
- Version 1.0.3 is released, continue to use version 1.0.2 of the printed rules.
- Weapons and Fighters are now considered public if they are part of at least one class marked as public.
- User's public profiles now list publicly visible weapons and fighters.
- User's public profiles will now show a top-right summary when a class, ship, weapon, or fighter is selected, just like on their private listings.
- New search system implimented. Much faster than the old method. Users can also search for weapons and fighters, and see a list of the classes that use them.
- Version 1.0.2 is released.
- Version 1.0.1 is released.
- Users can now create "90-degree rotationally symmetrical" ships. Users design the aft section (with special thrusters that get moved to left & right) and every component that can gets copied to the front, left, and right.
- Ships with mirrored left/right sections will now have mirrored shields, ablative plates, and armour.
- Version 1.0.0 is released. All beta version printed sheets and rules are now illegal.
- Thrusters and Advanced STL drives power requirements no longer scale linearly with a ship's size, they get less efficient as a ship gets larger exponentially.
- Launchbay definitions now only have dots for hangar slots, not multiplied by bay copies. Fighter purchase costs are now multiplied by copies of the bay. Copies of lauchbays have to be loaded identically.
- The cost of a class/ship now floats in the upper-right of the download page and updates itself with every change of experience, morale, repair, and loaded fighters.
- Various bugfixes.
- Various optimizations.
- Beta 6 is released. All previous printed sheets and rules are now illegal.
- Added an account recovery feature.
- Class designs can now be switched back and forth between Cinematic and Newtonian movment.
- Removed temporary template, enacted "blueprint" style template using a different layout mechanism.
- Components that do not change strength but increase area of effect with component size now show their radius in CM rather than the component size.
- Departmental component sizes of all types are now chosen by dropdown allowing the user to see an inverted list for inverted components, and centimetres for radial components.
- When a class design is cinematic, the speed limit is shown everywhere that also shows the movement type.
- If any deflectors are installed, the largest size (seperatly for energy and kinetic) is shown in the defences area above the shields.
- Weapon definitions no longer show their tier.
- Launchbay icons on public and editing class pages now include the launch/hangar sizes in the tooltip.
- Files & Folders screen now uses a toolbar instead of left-side buttons given how many there are.
- The Files & Folders screen now has a small "preview" of classes, ships, fighters, weapons, and fleets floating in the top-right when one of those is selected.
- Removed download links, moved to Metaverse.
- The "Files & Folders" page is now the "Home" page while logged in, and shows a brief explaination of MetaMaker when not.
- Beta 5 is released. All previous printed sheets and rules are now illegal.
- Users can now choose for fleets to have weapon/fighter definitions on each ship (default), or grouped commonly at the end as always.
- Class designs can be marked as public with several fields of optional "flavour" data.
- Users, even if not logged in, can search the list of public class designs and download the PDFs.
- All users now have a public facing profile page that shows any optional data they choose to include, and a list of all class designs they've made public.
- The cost of shield generators of all types has been increased.
- Cost of a weapon installed on a ship now scales with how many arcs it faces.
- Power and cost of spinal weapons significantly increased.
- Spinal weapons no longer need a different arc image and are targeted like all other weapons.
- Fighter and weapon definitions, and weapon icons, are now specifically regenerated when saved, and not cached in the browser when displayed.
- The class data page now shows the counts of ships and fleets, and now lists all fleets that class or a ship of it is involved with.
- All components that face a direction, and all sections, are now sorted in the order of: forward, left, right, core (where appropriate), aft.
- When a ship's combat value goes over 99999 it will be shown in metric reduction. EG: 455K (455,000) or 2.33M (2,330,000). This works for all values up to (10^27)-1.
- Beta 4 is released. All previous printed sheets and rules are now illegal.
- Critical charts and plotting charts can now be downloaded from the home page.
- Adjusted the cost of shields.
- Users can now copy fighters.
- Users can now copy weapons.
- Fighter weapons no longer degrade as the squadron loses strength.
- Fighter weapons must now be energy or kinetic. Existing weapons will default to kinetic.
- Fighter weapons can optionally be indirect for increased cost, which allows them to fire at the top of the order.
- Fighter weapons can now be named. Existing weapons default to "Weapon #" (1-6).
- Fighter weapon definitions reorganized so attributes are in the same order as starship weapon definitions.
- Weapon and fighter definitions now include a coloured icon for their tier.
- The tier of fleets, based on it's highest tier member, is now tracked.
- Files & Folders browser now shows the tier of fleets, classes, weapons, and fighters.
- The fleet editing screen now shows the tiers of member items.
- Beta 3 is released. All previous printed sheets and rules are now illegal.
- Increased the cost of penetrating weapons.
- Increased the cost of immune weapons.
- Starship sections can now have zero crew.
- Changed PDF base class to an FPDF fork that allows for unicode fonts, and only embeds characters used rather than the whole font.
- Printed PDFs show tier as just the arabic number instead of "Tier #" to keep the PDF language-independant.
- Fleet PDFs can now optionally have a language-specific critical chart appended available in all languages the rules are written for.
- Users now have many more weapon images to choose from. Users can also colour the template and add text to furthur personalize the weapon image.
- "Hull Rows" are now "Hull Layers".
- Beta 2 is released. All previous printed sheets and rules are now illegal.
- Minor bugfixes
- Added a Version History page
- Added Tier-System to fighters/weapons/classes. All will be represented as Teir 1, 2, or 3, based on the highest complexity option used.
- Website headers now have a grey-shaded background like headers on the printed PDFs.
- Beta 1 is released. All Alpha and Pre-Alpha printed sheets and rules are now illegal.